When you sell your home, there are certain updates you can make in order to get top dollar.
1. Spruce up the deck. Make sure all the nails are hammered in.
2. Paint! If there are any chips on the door, sand them down and paint the door. Make sure the trim on the outside of the house looks good and paint the inside of your home in neutral colors. Painting won’t cost you much, especially if you do it yourself.
3. Clean up the landscaping. You want your yard to look nice, so throw in a few dollars for new flowers or shrubs. Scrape the moss off the roof and clean the windows. While you’re at it, clean the inside of your home, too.
4. Replace the hardware. Get new doorknobs, hinges, and handles. Get rid of that old brass look and bring in something modern.
5. Get new window coverings. While the window coverings you made might suit your needs, they might not appeal to sellers. In fact, a lot of the complaints we receive from buyers are about old-fashioned window coverings that date the house. Take down old window coverings and put up some modern ones.
If you have any questions about preparing your home to sell for top dollar or about the real estate market in general, give us a call or send us an email. We would be happy to help you!