There are five home improvements that will net sellers the most return on their investment. You can even do most of them yourself!
When you prepare to sell your home, certain improvements will add more value than others. Today, we’ll go over the top five home improvements to get you the best return on your investment.
- Avoid completely redoing your floors. Sometimes it’s actually best to refinish the hardwood floors you already have in your home. You can also replace worn spots in the carpet rather than the entire thing.
- Neutralize your home as much as possible. When it comes to paint colors, extra bright or dark colors tend to turn buyers off. Choose a neutral paint color to tone down the rooms. When buyers see bright or dark colors, they simply see more work that they have to do if they buy the home.
- Pay attention to the lighting in the home. If you have a room that’s darker than others, bring in an extra lamp or change out the lightbulbs. Make sure the lights are on for all of the showings and keep the thermostat turned up.
- Replace the vanity in the bathroom. A lot of buyers will notice if the bathroom vanity is dated and they don’t want to have to do the work of replacing it. All you have to do is go to a big box hardware store and pick out a new one. They will have many inexpensive choices that you can install by yourself. Pay attention to the lighting in the bathroom as well; brass fixtures make your home appear older than it actually is.
- Update fixtures throughout your home. Go through your home and replace any outdated drawer pulls, hinges, or light fixtures. Brass fixtures remind buyers of the 1980s, so go to a hardware store and get some new ones. These are fairly easy to replace on your home.
If you have any questions or need any referrals to complete these updates, just give us a call or send us an email. We would be happy to help you!